Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chicken Lo Mein


This is one of my favorite meals to make. I got the recipe from Kraft's Food and Family magazine a long time ago. It's simple, and I love the "Asian" flair. It seems like around our house we tend to get stuck in a taco/pasta/casserole/chicken rut. This one has chicken, yes, but it's different. And I really like the peanuty (should totally be a word, shouldn't it?) flavor mixed with the red peppers.


Chicken Lo Mein

1/2 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
1/4 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (I actually use about another 1/4 cup towards the end because I always think it's a little too dry)
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced (I just use about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder)
1 16-oz. pkg. frozen bell pepper and onion strips, thawed and drained (I actually prefer fresh red peppers and onions, although frozen would probably be easier)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts


Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package.

Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add peppers, onions, broth, and peanut butter; stir-fry and additional 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

Drain spaghetti; return to pan. Add chicken mixture, soy sauce, and extra dressing if mixture looks too dry; mix well. Spoon onto serving platter; sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.

No comments: