Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Red and White Pasta

This is another really easy throw-together dish from Real Mom Kitchen. And since it only requires five really simple ingredients, chances are good I'll have what I need in my pantry.

The only change I made from her original recipe was to use less cheese. Three cups total seemed like a lot to me (although I'm sure it would have been nice and gooey and cheesy). I reduced it to just dividing the two cups of mozzarella and it still turned out really good.



Red and White Pasta

4 cups penne (or similarly sized) noodles
1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
1 (24 oz.) jar marinara sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Fresh parsley (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
3. Mix Alfredo and marinara sauces together in a large mixing bowl. (By the way, don't use a white plastic bowl for this... it stains big time. I may or may not speak from experience. :))
4. Add mozzarella cheese (I did about 1 1/2 cups) and combine. Add drained pasta
5. Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish and bake 25-30 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle Parmesan (or the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella) on top and bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: