Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Saucy Chicken Italiano


I've been a pepper and onion despiser my entire life. Until my second pregnancy last summer, when I craved this dish all the time! I remember finding the recipe on Kraft Foods and thinking it sounded soooo good. I tried it and became addicted. I still love it, in fact. I guess I have pregnancy to thank for resolving my aversion to peppers and onions. :)


Saucy Chicken Italiano

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Caesar dressing
1 cup Italian Five Cheese Blend
Pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions (fettucini is usually best, but in the pictures we substituted "bow tie" pasta)
 
Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. on each side or until cooked through.

Add vegetables, broth and dressing; cover. Cook on medium heat 6 to 8 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Spoon cooked pasta onto platter. Add vegetables, then top with chicken, sauce, and cheese.

No comments: