Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Syrup




What? Posting on the recipe blog? Amazing! 

This recipe was enough to get my rear-end in gear again, though. I couldn't NOT share this one. I'm happy to say, too, that I tweaked it enough to claim it as my own recipe - with credit still given to the original source, of course. I found it on Pinterest and thought it sounded amazing, but the original recipe called for something called Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar. Apparently you can buy it in a spice bottle. But why would I pay money for something that sounded so easy to create on my own? 

That's where this recipe comes in. I dare say it's probably just as good as the original. And it made everything we poured it on taste like a cinnamon roll. I may have even been caught pouring a bit straight onto my plate and scooping it up with my finger. (I know. We have such good manners at our house.) We tried it on French toast first, and then when I made doughnuts a week or so later using a little doughnut maker I got for Christmas, we decided to try it out on those instead of glaze. Awesome. So...I must apologize to the plain old maple syrup that sits in a bottle in my pantry. I honestly don't think I'll be able to look at you the same way again!


Cinnamon Roll Syrup

1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch 
1 tablespoon cinnamon1/3 cup granulated sugar1 cup cream 1 tablespoon corn syrup 
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix the cornstarch with the sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan with a whisk until the cornstarch is well dispersed. Add the cream and corn syrup and heat until bubbly and thick, stirring often. Mix in vanilla. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter until completely melted. 

Serve on French toast, pancakes, doughnuts...anything you want to taste like a cinnamon roll. :) Heck, even drizzle it over your cinnamon rolls if you want an extra cinnamon-y experience! 

Original recipe found here.

No comments: