Friday, March 4, 2011

Smoky Honey Mustard Pork Chops



Another recipe from Our Best Bites. It probably won't be the last, either. There are tons of recipes on there that I want to try! This one was way easy. I'm kind of loving pork chops lately (they're a lot cheaper than I had in my head, plus I think they're yummy) and this recipe caught my eye.
I didn't have liquid smoke, though, so I substituted some steak seasoning we had in the cupboard. I think it's called "Spade L Ranch" seasoning. Anyways, I think any kind of meat seasoning would work fine. Of course, maybe the liquid smoke is simply amazing and I'm totally missing out. You're welcome to try it, of course. :)
Smoky Honey Mustard Pork Chops

4 4-6 oz. pork loin or sirloin chops
Salt and pepper
Liquid Smoke (or meat seasoning)
3 Tbsp. Dijon or whole grain mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
2 cloves minced garlic

Sprinkle pork chops with salt and freshly ground pepper. Give them a liberal dousing of liquid smoke (you can usually find this either near the seasonings or the BBQ sauce/condiments in the grocery store). Set aside.

Heat oven broiler to high or preheat grill. Combine honey, garlic, and mustard. Place pork chops on broiler pan/grill and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook another 4-5 minutes. You want the internal temperature to be at least 165 (that's a little pink inside), but you also don't want to overcook them because they'll become tough. So you may need to adjust your cooking times a little, bearing in mind that they have two minutes to cook after the initial 8-10 minutes.

Baste with honey mustard mixture and cook an additional minute. Turn and baste other side; cook for one additional minute. Remove from heat and allow to stand a few minutes to seal in the juices.

No comments: